Adaptive Path shuts down for the last two weeks of the year, and I’m taking a few days off at the end of that, so I have three weeks of reading (and of course writing) ahead of me. I have a stack of books I’ve been neglecting for a long time as I suffer through this strange period of not reading very much. Thus, I’m hoping to tackle the following over break:
- The Victorian Internet by Tom Standage
- Essential McLuhan by (of course) Marshall McLuhan and edited by Eric McLuhan and Frank Zingrone
- The Algebraist by Iain Banks
- The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje
- A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin
- and undoubtedly some of the books on my wishlist will make their way into my Christmas stocking this year and crowd these out.
Half the fun of posting (and reading other people’s) book lists is discovering the books you should be reading. So. What else should I be reading?